By Richard Hudson, Senior Director Client Delivery
Many offerings these days are being provided as a service. We have Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and even Communications-as-a-Service (CaaS)! All the activities and products that can be performed more effectively and efficiently once they have been standardized can be provided as a service. This includes Project Management as a Service (PMaaS).
Many organizations do not have the skills or the infrastructure to create a robust Project Management Office or manage a portfolio of projects or a large deployment. Challenges Evans often hears voiced by our clients are:
- Difficulty in maintaining staff continuity and disruptions caused by Project Manager (PM) turnover on projects
- The cyclical nature of the demand for PMs and how various types of projects require different styles of management and domain expertise
- The cost of investing in training to keep PMs current in leadership disciplines and tools
- Maximizing PM focus on core work activities and minimizing focus on administrative support
Evans response to this is to offer PMaaS, applying talented and experienced Program/Project Management professionals with a comprehensive PM toolkit that offer efficiency and value-creation in successfully delivering your portfolio of strategic and large programs and projects. Aspects of the Evans PMaaS include:
- A ‘stacked staffing’ lifecycle PM model to minimize disruption
- Evans PMaaS portfolio management to ensure our PMs fully understand the business drivers and can enable innovation, integration and quality control for delivery to approved milestones
- Dedicated and experienced Project Analysts to execute administrative support duties in support of IT Capital lifecycle processes (e.g. Cloud, Advanced Analytics, etc.)
- A pool of professional PMs with a diverse range of relevant domain experience
- An onboarding process that includes partnering with an organization to ensure we maximize our efficiency with minimal transition time
The Evans PMaaS ensures consistency in application of PM best practices across multiple units within an organization along with accrued expertise through ongoing professional development/execution.