Position-level: Junior to Mid-Level Consultant (5+ years with Masters, 7+ years without Masters)
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Customer
Evans is recruiting for multiple Change Communications resources at this time.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Strong, formal, written communications including ability to produce press releases, thought leadership, technical writing, and day-to-day communications.
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and operate proactively.
- Experience improving quality, efficiency and effectiveness by which client program information is shared and communicated internally and externally.
- Ability to influence progress and achieve goals in environments where client presence and sponsorship of individual work tasks varies significantly.
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment with a variety of tasks and challenges to fuel your growth.
- Ability to work well with managers and task leads in the federal government.
- Capacity to view challenges from others’ perspectives and take a people-oriented approach to supporting them.
- Aptness to balance between a flexible demeanor and structured organization as demands require.
- Ability to package information in a way that’s understandable for an external audience.
- Prosci or CCMP certification preferred but not required
What Position Will Entail
- Developing program newsletters, hot topics reports, and briefing material (e.g., program management reviews, ad hoc slides).
- Supporting regular messaging from Program Manager to the team.
- Providing a consistent approach for all things communication (e.g. via standard templates) and ensuring connectivity across communication activities.
- Review and editing of documents leaving the program for external reviews.
- Developing and executing change communications strategies and comprehensive training plans.
- Anticipating where support for the client is needed, to communicate with his or her manager about that need, and to follow-through.
- Developing and implementing processes, tools and forums to manage and share approved communications.
- Extracting information needed for formal reports or status updates.
- Proactively and consistently knowing whom to work with to seek out multiple inputs from multiple personnel in a large organization with complex roles and responsibility sets.
- Facilitating strategic planning meetings and developing key messages with senior executives
- Conducting group facilitation, expectation management, communications development, implementation planning, and training development and delivery.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to firstname.lastname@example.org