The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Role
Evans Incorporated is seeking a Director of Finance at its Fairfax, VA headquarters. The Director of Finance is accountable for corporate and routine accounting and financial management activities and advising the Executive Team regarding business finances and strategic investments.
We are seeking a results-oriented, experienced, Director of Finance that is looking for an opportunity to take the next step in their career.
Evans Incorporated is a rapidly growing management consulting and advisory firm serving government, international and commercial organizations. We provide organization development and process improvement, change management, project management, and strategy consulting services on contract to the Federal government and other clients, many of which are in DC, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and other locales.
- Government contract accounting experience and a working knowledge of FAR/CAS requirements
- Minimum of 10-12 years of accounting experience and at least 5 years as a Controller with a government contractor
- Solid understanding of indirect rate structures and competitive pricing practices
- Background in planning and preparing an annual corporate budget as well as completing monthly and annual business forecasts
- Experience with FFP, T&M and Cost-plus contracts
- Experience with Contract management and preparation of cost proposals and supporting documentation
- Experience with hands on preparation and review of incurred cost submissions and forward pricing rates
- Experience with 401(k) safe harbor plans, state regulations for payroll, workers comp, termination, etc.
- Hands on experience with maintaining UNANET or similar government-compliant accounting systems for project cost, time recording, and financial management
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting – CPA preferred
- Familiarity with Unanet Financials and Project Management/Timekeeping preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage Accounting team, which currently includes an Accounting Supervisor and a Staff Accountant. Manage and provide hands-on support to the A/R, A/P, P/R, general ledger and collection functions.
- Maintain Accounting systems and ensure proper internal controls including current accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain financial and operating budgets and monthly financial forecasts, rate formulation, and monthly rate management reports.
- Prepare and present monthly financials and associated reports in accordance with GAAP, for Company management and for use in the company’s accounting and financial relationships (e.g., CPA firms, banks, etc.).
Prepare cash flow forecasts and monitor/manage cash flow.
- Oversee preparation of customer invoices in accordance with contract terms, including interface with cognizant contracting and payment offices as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local corporate, payroll and other applicable tax issues
Process monthly payroll and end of year W2 and 1099 report filings
- Ensure prompt and accurate employer/employee monthly benefit reconciliations between enrollments and payroll
- Monitor cash disbursements and receipts to allow for maximum utilization of company resources
- Oversee payments to vendors, subcontractors, and government, taxing, or licensing authorities on time, or as otherwise directed by Company management.
- Coordinate outside audits w/ outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of items that auditors require.
- Be a fully involved manager, able to work harmoniously across company departments, with Corporate admin, HR, Contracts, senior manager teams, Program Management Organization, as well as client-facing employees and other management personnel.
- Actively participate in strategy formation and implementation, and work with Executive team as appropriate to identify and report on monthly key performance indicators
- Maintain a good knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of general budgeting principles and practices
- Maintain annual and monthly finance and accounting calendar
- Support proposal activity by creating pricing responses and ensuring assumptions are sound to RFPs and RFQs.
- Other duties as required.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com