Position-level: Mid-level Consultant
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Customer
Evans has an immediate need for a couple bright, motivated mid-level consultants for a Program Support/Program Management “Best Practices” position for a couple of our federal clients. At least one position does not require any long-distance travel. At least one requires some travel to New Jersey and potential off-shore locations – estimated travel length would be 1 week per trip. Please specify if you’re willing to travel upon applying.
Desired Skills and Traits
The following specific areas of expertise are required:
- 3-8 years of hands-on consulting experience, both working individually and on a team.
- Strong in formal, written communications. Ability to understand both meaning as well as intent of writing and develop appropriate response strategies to both elements.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite – specifically, in PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Excel.
- Experience conducting business process analysis and improvement, including the following specific skills: group facilitation, process mapping, requirements gathering, communications development and implementation planning.
- In general, the ability to operate proactively – to anticipate where support for the client is needed, to communicate with his or her manager about that need, and to follow-through
- Ability to influence progress and achieve goals in environments where client presence and sponsorship of individual work tasks varies significantly.
- Ability to work well with managers and task leads in the federal government – to extract information needed for formal reports or status update, to effectively package that information in a way that is understandable for an external audience, and to be proactive / consistent in knowing whom to work with to seek out multiple inputs from multiple personnel in a large organization with complex roles and responsibility sets.
- Availability onsite at the client location in DC approximately 4 days per week.
The following skills are highly desired but not required:
- Experience in Federal consulting environment
- Experience in program management (i.e. supporting PMOs) and portfolio management (i.e. supporting multiple projects with interdependent milestones) preferred.
- Understanding of IT Lifecycle management best practices
- PMP certification
- Master’s degree in relevant field
What Position Will Entail
- Work with Program Team Leads to conduct Program-level resource planning
- Analyze organizational impacts of different program lifecycle phases
- Maintain program organizational charts and resource plans
- Develop and write best practice Program Management Plans
- Write or provide supporting information to develop Strategy Whitepapers and other strategic communication materials
- Track and report on Program status and goals
- Assist with management of internal communications and information management activities
- Organize and facilitate working sessions with Program Leadership on topics targeted to improve Program processes, communication, and other identified gaps
- Support Program Leadership Offsites through agenda and materials development, facilitation, and follow-up
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to firstname.lastname@example.org