Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
Risk Manager – Position Overview
The position will entail:
- Facilitating the identification and assessment of risks, issues and opportunities with appropriate stakeholders
- Facilitating Risk Board meetings to present risks, issues and opportunities to the team for analysis and adjudication
- Monitoring the execution of mitigation plans, including working with risk owners and individual step owners to update and report on status of mitigation plan execution
- Utilizing a risk management software solution to manage risks, issues and opportunities:
- Ensuring accuracy of the recorded information regarding risks, issues and opportunities in the risk register (including risk statements and associated context, risk scoring, identified risk owners, risk strategy, mitigation plans and associated details (as required), risk status updates, and RIO Board feedback
- Generating various risk reports including Risk Registers, Step Registers, RIO Board Meeting Materials, and Performance Metrics
- Serving as the central point of contact for all risk-related inquiries and communications with stakeholders
- Providing appropriate risk reporting for different audiences (e.g., for PM, RIO Board, subject matter experts, etc.)
- Serving as client program’s risk representative on other risk-related boards
- Providing support and training on the risk management process as required to build the client’s capability
- Identifying opportunities for improving the risk management process when necessary
The following specific areas of expertise are required:
- Successful candidate is likely to have 3-8 years of hands-on consulting experience, both working individually and on a team.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with facilitating and/or leading meetings
- Self-motivation and discipline – consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to pull out key messages from complex technical information (such as program, cost, engineering, aviation, or regulatory topics) and develop reports and other communication materials for wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work well with senior leaders in the federal government.
- Strong research and critical thinking skills.
- Strong in formal, written communications. Ability to understand both meaning as well as intent of writing, and develop appropriate response strategies to both elements.
The following skills are highly desired:
- Experience in Federal consulting environment
- Experience in program management (i.e. supporting PMOs) and portfolio management (i.e. supporting multiple projects with interdependent milestones) a plus.
The candidate can expect to:
- Be onsite at the client location in DC between 3-5 days per week.
Bring us your knowledge, excellent communication skills, consulting background, Bachelor’s degree and successful track record of accomplishments with government clients. Must be comfortable with a fast paced environment, performance-based bonus structures and working in all shapes and sizes of project teams.
If this sounds like a professional opportunity that you want to see realized, send us a copy of your resume along with a half page write-up of your most significant risk management-related accomplishment effort supporting a change effort. We think your accomplishments are much more important than your resume and we will read them first.
We offer competitive compensation comprised of salary, bonus, retirement contributions, and other benefits, in addition to:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
- Our associates also enjoy an E.A.P. (Employee Assistance Program) through Optum Care 24—a free resource offering health information lines and additional work/life resources such as counseling, legal services, customized resources and referrals as well as practical information on hundreds of work/life topics at no cost.
Submit your resume and half page write-up to firstname.lastname@example.org.