The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver Human-Centered Change that Works®. Our success comes from developing humble trusted-advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs standard accounting tasks and assignments with general finance and accounting functions. Works under general supervision, supporting the Director of Finance and works closely with the accounting team to complete day-to-day tasks.
- Prepares, records, verifies, analyzes, maintains and reports accounts payable transactions.
- Processes vendor invoices and prepares weekly payments.
- Review and process expense reports in accordance with Evans’ policies.
- Ensure on-time payments of vendor invoices and research and resolve discrepancies and issues.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Correspond with vendors and employees and respond to inquiries.
- Maintain Vendor files.
- Receives, records, and posts AR cash receipts.
- Assists with AR invoice processing.
- Maintain monthly corporate card reconciliations.
- Assists with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists with month-end/year-end closing.
- Assists with 1099 reporting, as well as other year-end activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of general budgeting principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of Unanet.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and able to communicate effectively to colleagues and managers.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously across company departments, with Corporate Admin, Human Resources, Contracts, Senior Manager teams and Program Management Organization.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and self-starter attitude.
- Understand personal accountability and authenticity in approaching interactions with colleagues and clients.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in accounting or finance and one year of experience, or 2-5 years of accounting experience.
- Government contract accounting experience and a working knowledge of FAR/CAS may be required.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
Evans Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to email@example.com