Hours/Week: Flexible – part time spring/ fall with fulltime potential in summer
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our Training and Development Intern would be dedicated to advancing the culture of learning, supporting the growth and development of Evans staff. The tasks and activities of the role will enhance the company both internally and externally and will be used to reinforce consistent training, promote learning and growth, and enhance the strong culture of learning, community, and employee development that Evans has cultivated and been awarded for on numerous occasions. The internship will focus on streamlining and building on this culture to make employee learning even more engaging, accessible, and easy. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated training and development intern in our Northern Virginia office.
Key attributes of potential candidates must include:
- Authenticity– self-awareness, humble confidence, integrity
- Consultant-Minded– operating as if everyone is your client; active listening – first seeking to understand, then to be understood
- Innovator– someone who can provide a different lens, bring new ideas, and unique solutions
- Self-Starter– proactive, self-disciplined; exhibit a sense of drive/motivation; energized by collaboration and can also work well autonomously
- Adaptable– can pivot when needed, open to feedback, coachable, willingness to take direction
- Community– interest in contributing to and being part of an inherently supportive community
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Adult Education and Training- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design for adults, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups and the measurement of training effects.
- Communications and Media- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Working knowledge of Adobe Captivate for developing course content.
- Adept in Microsoft suite including Word, Outlook, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, & SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Paycom Learning system is preferred but not required.
- Learning Strategies- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things, particularly to adult learners.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvement or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination- adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Oral and Written Expression- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and in writing so others will understand.
- Oral and Written Comprehension- The ability to understand information and ideas in speaking and in writing.
- Critical Thinking- The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
What Position Will Entail
- Training Development- Identifying the educational needs of others and developing formal educational or training programs or courses.
- Getting Information- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Stakeholders- Providing information to stakeholders by telephone, in written form, email, or in person.
- Thinking Creatively- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to email@example.com