Hours per week: 20 hours/week (would be a salaried, full-time position with Evans but this would be about half of your time)
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Customer
A line of business within the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires an enhanced solution to standardize and improve the management of external Office of Inspector General (OIG) and U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) program audits across the organization. Currently, the organization maintains a SharePoint solution for audit tracking that is difficult to use, limited in scope, and is confined to use within the executive office of the organization. In a similar fashion, operating units within the organization use individual tracking systems, which range from Excel spreadsheets to customized, yet still rudimentary, SharePoint tools, which track disparate levels of information and detail on the status of audits each organization supports. As a result, the organization lacks a common knowledge management and workspace for audits that enables greater standardization, quality and responsiveness across the audit coordination process.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment with a varied pace of activity
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Working in the federal consulting environment
- Project management experience, including schedule development/management, project execution, stakeholder outreach and leadership communications
- Customer service oriented with a knowledge of principles and procedures for providing excellent customer service. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Multi-tasking – ability to handle multiple projects and clients at one time
- Experience developing and/or delivering training and outreach materials
- Interest and/or experience in the application of collaboration software applications, including Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience analyzing and/or developing business requirements for business automation solutions
What Position Will Entail
- Highly collaborative working environment, on site up to 3 days per week
- Maintain attention to detail while scheduling meetings involving multiple stakeholders, planning agendas, facilitating meetings, and following up with attendees regarding actions
- Scheduling and facilitating stakeholder meetings, including preparing materials in advance and documenting meeting outcomes/minutes
- Communicate comfortably with customers at varying levels of seniority, conveying respect and instilling confidence in ability to satisfy their needs
- Play an active role in all aspects of project management related initiatives: gathering and analyzing information, documenting and communicating requirements, facilitating coordination between client and project delivery teams, conducting quality assurance, presenting results to management, and implementation.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management
- Mix of self-directed and team-based engagement with a variety of federal government client stakeholders
- You will work in teams typically consisting of two to three consultants
- Play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating our recommendations, presenting results to management, and implementation.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to firstname.lastname@example.org