The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 25 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human-centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Customer
This position will support and report directly to the Director of Business Development (BD). The “customer” is everyone in Evans Incorporated, since the primary focus of this position is to help grow and diversify Evans’ business portfolio, thereby benefitting all members of Evans Nation.
Desired Skills and Traits
Evans has an immediate need for a Proposal and Business Development Research Associate in our Northern Virginia office. The primary role of the Proposal and Business Development Research Associate is to increase corporate revenue by contacting and building relationships with new and existing clients; conducting market research; exploring new business opportunities; and assisting with the development of marketing materials, analyzing competitors and maintaining contact lists.
- BA/BS degree in business administration, marketing, communications or in a technical field.
- 3 – 5 years of experience with business development and capture management support for a variety of federal agencies in the areas of management consulting and professional services. Technical expertise/background (i.e., engineering or IT services) is a plus, but not required.
- 2 – 3 years of experience (included within the 3-5 years of experience) with proposal writing and proposal management. Desktop publishing experience and/or graphics development experience is a plus but not required.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management – internally within Evans and externally.
- Highly organized and able to work both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Outgoing, people-focused personality with a true passion for helping others solve their problems.
- Support the Director of Business Development in the identification, capture, bidding (i.e., RFI responses, white papers, proposals) for new and follow-on Federal procurements
- Represent Evans at meetings with potential new clients, vendors and teaming partners in a variety of settings (i.e., conferences, seminars, industry days, one-on-one meetings)
- Promote company products and services to the Federal market space
- Conduct market research using a variety of tools, including Bloomberg Government, FBO, and others
- Coordinate and participate in marketing and networking events
- Work with various Evans departments to ensure effective company product promotions, sales, development and marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the development of new business and help generate revenue and profitability growth for the company.
- Work the necessary hours to get the job done, with some (less than 10%) overnight travel required
Lead and assist with the management, writing and review of technical proposals
- Possess excellent people skills, outgoing personality, professional appearance and demeanor
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join an established organization that has experienced significant growth recently.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
What Position Will Entail
This position will work with the client to design and implement processes, tools, and trainings needed to improve the manner in which program budgets are defined, implemented and reported. The scope of this role includes, but is not limited to:
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to email@example.com