Position-level: Senior Consultant (Bachelor’s with 14 years of experience, or Master’s with 11 years)
Hours per week: Part-time; 20 hours/week (this role itself is part time but we will hire as a salaried employee and find another communications-based project for the other half of your time)
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 25 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human-centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants design experiences to help our clients navigate the upheaval of transformation induced by reorganizations, new technology, and other periods of corporate stress. Our human-centered approaches combine artistry and science to ensure our clients realize the maximum benefit with the least disruption.
About the Customer
The customer oversees the development and testing of new automated aviation technology. Evans has been supporting projects in this division since 2018, primarily providing communications support, leadership development, and strategic planning. As the work in this division becomes more visible, the client-leaders have seen the demands on their leadership responsibilities increase. One of those demands centers on developing and delivering industry outreach and stakeholder engagement events. Lacking the bandwidth to take on this demand, our clients have reached out to Evans to provide them with “end-to-end” event planning, communications, and project management services.
Key needs include strategic communications planning, stakeholder outreach, briefing creation, public speaking/talking points support, coordinating industry/outreach demo events, and cross-agency collaboration.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Working effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Organization and time management
- Program Management
- Multi-tasking – ability to handle multiple projects and clients at one time
- Customer service oriented with a knowledge of principles and procedures for providing excellent customer service. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- The clients want to be the big picture thinkers/planners for the conference. Candidate will need to have strong facilitation and reflective questioning skills.
What Position Will Entail
- The primary deliverable for the role is the start to finish planning and execution of a conference. The purpose of the conference is to provide a forum to discuss and exchange concepts and practices related to major global changes in information management focusing on information in operation, information services, information exchanges and information security. Informational and technical presentations from key participants, across various industries, will provide opportunities for air transportation information management experts to learn and explore alternative practices within the aviation environment.
- Candidate would be expected to handle all conference planning logistics, communications, stakeholder engagement and event execution. Deliverables may include:
- Project Plan
- Project Schedule
- Start to Finish Planning and Delivery of the Event
- Lessons Learned document
- Knowledge Management Plan
- Event Materials- agenda, program, bios, presentation, etc.
- Highly collaborative working environment, on site at the client between 2-3 days per week
- Maintain attention to detail while scheduling meetings involving multiple stakeholders, planning agendas, facilitating meetings, and following up with attendees regarding actions
- Communicate comfortably with customers at varying levels of seniority, conveying respect and instilling confidence in ability to satisfy their needs
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating our recommendations, presenting results to management, and implementation.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to email@example.com