Position-level:Mid-level to senior consultant
Hours per week: 20-30 hours/week (would be a salaried and full-time position with Evans, but this would only be about half of your time)
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Customer
Program within the Program Management Office at the FAA that works with incorporating unmanned aircraft systems (drones) into the National Air Space. Program relies on partnerships with private industry to accomplish its objectives. This results in a dynamic environment in a burgeoning field that is constantly needing to adapt to meet current and future capabilities.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Be able to present complex information in succinct manner to enable quick decisions
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management
- Experience in general aviation operation or UAS is preferred, but not required
- Experience in meeting facilitation
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks regardless of experience level with assigned tasks
- Working effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Organization and time management
- Working in the federal consulting environment
- Program Management
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Multi-tasking – ability to handle multiple projects and clients at one time
- Customer service oriented with a knowledge of principles and procedures for providing excellent customer service. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
What Position Will Entail
- Maintain attention to detail while scheduling meetings involving multiple stakeholders, planning agendas, facilitating meetings, and following up with attendees regarding actions
- Drafting and editing of variety of documents, both internally and externally facing.
- Facilitate meetings with high visibility stakeholders, ensuring accurate notes are captured and meeting goals are met
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Working environment is combination of self-direct and team-based and occurs both on-site (3-4 days per week) and remote.
- Communicate comfortably with customers at varying levels of seniority, conveying respect and instilling confidence in ability to satisfy their needs
- Research, understanding, and analysis of regulatory, statutory, and FAA orders regarding UAS and general aviation issues
- Assist with management of internal communications and information management activities
- Organize and facilitate working sessions with Program Leadership on topics targeted to improve Program processes, communication, and other identified gaps
- Play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating our recommendations, presenting results to management, and implementation.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to firstname.lastname@example.org