Position-level: Sr. Consultant
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 25 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human-centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Customer
A program within the Program Management Office at the FAA that works on deploying and maintaining an Air Traffic System into the National Air Space (NAS). The program’s objective is to assist in managing air traffic by optimizing the flow of aircrafts through the NAS. The program develops, tests, and deploys several capabilities by working closely with other FAA programs and continuously organizing with different stakeholders. This results in a dynamic environment where success depends on balancing the different needs of stakeholders, meeting the agency goals, and working closely with the program leadership to achieve the program’s goals.
Desired Skills and Traits
- 5-15 years of hands-on program management, both working individually and as part of a team (risk management experience is a plus).
- Experience with facilitating and/or leading meetings.
- Self-motivation and discipline – consistent attention to detail, proactive, and strong in coordinating logistics with both small and large teams.
- Ability to pull out key messages from complex technical information (such as program, cost, engineering, aviation, or regulatory topics) and develop reports and other communication materials for wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work well with senior leaders in the federal government.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management
- Ability to understand both meaning as well as intent of writing and develop clear reports that accurately capture the information.
- Comfort within a fast-paced environment and an ability to keep work moving forward without causing damage to relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to strike a balance between being diligent/thorough and being adaptable/flexible to client requests.
- Pride in performing work to high-quality standards, presenting well-thought-out and detail-oriented results.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with the client and different stakeholders.
- Ability to stay motivated when working autonomously while still staying connected to the needs of stakeholders.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of principles and procedures for providing excellent customer service.
- Project management experience in the federal civilian acquisition program management area.
- Experience with the FAA’s Risk Issue and Opportunity (RIO) process is preferred, but not required (experience using Active Risk Manager (ARM) software is a plus).
What Position Will Entail
- Highly collaborative working environment, on site between 3-4 days per week.
- Work with team members and different stakeholders to create, update, and report on status of mitigation plans.
- Facilitate meetings with high visibility stakeholders, ensuring accurate notes are captured and meeting objectives are met.
- Facilitate Risk Board meetings to present risks, issues, and opportunities to the team for analysis and adjudication.
- Present program level risk information to upper level FAA leadership in various meetings.
- Facilitate medium to large group meetings to discuss risk updates, concerns, and consider new mitigation approaches.
- Drafting and editing of variety of documents, both internally and externally facing.
- Develop detailed reports with potential process improvements based on risk mitigation plans, gap analysis, and lessons learned.
- Maintain and update Risk Register for the program.
- Manage risks and mitigation plans within an online risk management tool to enter risks, owners, risk strategy, mitigation plans, mitigation steps, triggers, contingency plans, approaches, risk status, feedback comments, context, and scoring.
- Produce various risk reports including Program Risk Register, Risk Materials, Meeting Minutes, Staleness Reports, and Earned Value Metrics, and other performance metrics.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all risk-related inquires and communications with stakeholders.
- Scheduling meetings involving multiple stakeholders, planning agendas, facilitating meetings, and following up with attendees regarding actions.
- Work with Risk Managers from dependent programs to assess and report on joint risks.
- Organize and facilitate working sessions with Program Leadership on topics targeted to improve Program processes, communication, and other identified gaps.
- Continuous communication with various stakeholders to keep them informed and gauge their perspective.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to email@example.com