Position-level: Senior Consultant
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Customer
The client group is responsible for leading a federal agency’s contingency operations. Primary responsibilities of this group include working with regional facilities to gather requirements and draft operational contingency plans that prepare the agency for emergency situations. Additional responsibilities include conducting tabletop exercises at air traffic facilities across the United States. The client is headquartered in Washington, D.C., although the work is managed at the Command Center in Warrenton, VA.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Working effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Organization and time management
- Working in the federal consulting environment
- Program Management
- Multi-tasking – ability to handle multiple projects and clients at one time
- Customer service oriented with a knowledge of principles and procedures for providing excellent customer service. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of large group facilitation to lead teams to consensus
- Support technical interchange meetings between government and contractor personnel, including the framing of agendas, taking notes, and following up on actions with the responsible action owners
- Organize and lead group teleconferences to gather input and requirements in advance of onsite collaboration meetings
What Position Will Entail
- Highly collaborative working environment, on client site between 3-4 days per week
- Travel to locations across the United States approximately one week per month
- Maintain attention to detail while scheduling meetings involving multiple stakeholders, planning agendas, facilitating meetings, and following up with attendees regarding actions
- Communicate comfortably with customers at varying levels of seniority, conveying respect and instilling confidence in ability to satisfy their needs
- Facilitating large groups (up to 25 people) to gather content for developing operational contingency plans.
- Support the design, conduct, and continuously improve facilitation methodology that will be applied at each facility
- Develop presentations for varying levels of leadership to convey project status and areas of focus
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Work in a team of two to three consultants
- Play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating our recommendations, presenting results to management, and implementation.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to firstname.lastname@example.org