The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
The Risk Management Analyst is focused on administration of the risk management process. This role will be in charge of serving as risk manager for the client program and duties will include managing the risk management process, updating leadership on risk details and maintaining program level risk management metrics. This role may also be asked to engage in business process improvement related to risk management functions to better align program processes to programmatic needs and priorities.
- 3-5 years of hands-on program management, and risk management experience, both working individually and as part of a team
- Experience with the FAA’s Risk Issue and Opportunity (RIO) process
- Experience using Active Risk Manager (ARM) software
- Project management experience in the federal civilian acquisition program management area
- Experience with facilitating and/or leading meetings
- Self-motivation and discipline – consistent attention to detail, proactive, and strong in coordinating logistics with both small and large teams
- Ability to pull out key messages from complex technical information (such as program, cost, engineering, aviation, or regulatory topics) and develop reports and other communication materials for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work well with senior leaders in the federal government
- Strong research and critical thinking skills
- Strong informal, written communications. Ability to understand both meaning as well as intent of writing and develop appropriate response strategies to both elements
- Ability to achieve consensus through a balance of analytical and empathetic techniques while still maintaining harmony and respect of stakeholders
- Comfort within a fast-paced environment and an ability to keep work moving forward without causing damage to relationships
- Ability to conform to previously established structure and federal guidelines
- Pride in performing work to high-quality standards, presenting well-thought-out and detail-oriented results
Position Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate Risk Board meetings to present risks, issues, and opportunities to the team for analysis and adjudication
- Present program level risk information to upper-level FAA leadership in various meetings
- Work with risk owners to create, update and report on the status of mitigation plans
- Develop detailed reports with potential process improvements based on risk mitigation plans, gap analysis, and lessons learned.
- Manage risks and mitigation plans within an online risk management tool to enter risks, owners, risk strategy, mitigation plans, mitigation steps, triggers, contingency plans, approaches, risk status, feedback comments, context, and scoring
- Produce various risk reports including Program Risk Register, Risk Materials, Meeting Minutes, Staleness Reports, and Earned Value Metrics
A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, economics, or related field required. At least 3 years of experience is required. Experience within the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is strongly desired but not required. PMP desired but not required.
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to firstname.lastname@example.org