Position-level: Senior Consultant (Masters with 5-10 years experience or Bachelors with 10+ years experience)
The Evans’ Experience
Evans Incorporated is a growing management consulting firm with over 20 years of experience and a dynamic team of talented consultants and thought leaders who deliver human centered change that works. Our success comes from developing humble trusted advisor relationships with diverse clients and by delivering innovative services with a team of right- and left-brained consultants. We celebrate our values of delighting clients, demonstrating integrity, striving for exceptional quality, exhibiting leadership, fostering commitment and practicing fiscal responsibility every day.
Our talented consultants help our clients navigate around the upheaval of change and conflict-induced from reorganizations, downsizing, outsourcing, reengineering, IT rollouts and other periods of corporate stress and realize the greatest benefits of change with the least disruption. Evans has an immediate need for a bright, motivated business management consultant in our Northern Virginia office and at client sites in DC.
About the Customer
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has partnered with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Department of Defense (DoD) in a joint acquisition program. Evans is working with the FAA in evolving the Joint Program Office (JPO) organization to achieve its desired business and operating model so that it can effectively orchestrate the many elements of a large, multifaceted acquisition program.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice through innovative and practical solutions – with in-depth understanding of the professional field.
- Problem-solving skills that frequently requires analysis of unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure.
- Performs complex assignments and fulfills responsibilities relating to area of expertise where required outcomes are defined, but methods and procedures may vary based on professional judgment; analyzes challenging problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and able to communicate effectively to colleagues and managers.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and self-starter attitude.
- Understand personal accountability and authenticity in approaching interactions with colleagues and clients.
- Expert skills in Office 365 (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Skills in Microsoft Visio are a plus.
Education and Experience
- MS degree or equivalent in specialty appropriate to position.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Certifications in specialty, such as a PMP, are a plus.
What Position Will Entail
Org Design & Governance
- Proposing and implementing strategic recommendations to JPO leadership related to executive decision-making, cross-agency oversight and management of functional work
- Creating and communicating JPO Governance Model to describe desired org structure, functions, roles, responsibilities, and governing processes
- Facilitating role immersion according to MOA and JPO Governance Model with JPO leadership and staff to clarify and familiarize org functions and responsibilities, including scenario development (i.e., use cases), presentations, and offsite events
- Managing and facilitating sub-MOAs to improve effectiveness of governance, decision-making, and program management of particular areas of key cross-agency collaboration (e.g., acquisition management, logistics, and testing/evaluation)
- Supporting design and updates of JPO organizational visual representations (i.e., org charts)
- Facilitating succession planning for key positions— including identifying influential positions within the FAA team, then training existing employees or new candidates to ensure those roles do not go unfilled
- Performing organizational assessment of FAA’s internal team organization and develop organization transition plan for transition into its own group
- Performing organizational assessment of JPO and develop an organizational transition plan for the program’s shift to Solution Implementation
- Designing and facilitating (as required) of strategic offsites in support of JPO leadership – related to executive decision-making, cross-agency oversight, management of functional work
- Proposing and planning new task opportunities related to org design, governance, and strategy
- Corresponding and coordinating with JPO management and functional staff for task planning, awareness, and feedback
- Providing org design, governance, and strategy-based feedback on development of JPO business processes and tools (as necessary)
- Supporting development of Program Management Plan (as necessary)
- Providing org design, governance, and strategy-based feedback on planning documentation and development of specific risks or issues (as necessary)
Evans is proud to offer opportunities for professional development, competitive salaries, financial rewards, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement savings including:
- Unique and award-winning culture
- Generous Paid time off (PTO) program
- Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Flexible work schedule
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Exciting and challenging work environment
To apply for this job email your resume and a half page write up defining what human-centered means to you, including an example of how you put it into practice to email@example.com