At Evans, we recognize our responsibility as corporate leaders to give back to our professional and civic communities
We recognize how fortunate we are at Evans to have a wealth of knowledge, expertise and opportunity; that’s why we place a strong emphasis on giving back to our professional and civic communities.
As leaders in our industry, we have a responsibility to make impactful contributions to our professions.
Staff from all levels and areas of expertise contribute cutting-edge ideas to our blog on topics ranging from program management to leadership.
In 2016, over 90% of our staff members attended several local and national conferences. Evans supports professional development and industry engagement through a generous reimbursement program for membership dues and conference registration.
We also recognize that we have a responsibility to give back to the local communities we call home (Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.). We regularly contribute time and resources through corporate sponsored and individually motivated initiatives to local not for profit organizations and outreach programs. We apply our talents in leadership and Board roles with many partner organizations. The range of our community impact includes, but is not limited to:
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce: We have been corporate members of the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce and Evans is a Showcase Sponsor of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Council.
- Arlington Food Assistance Center: Since 2010, we have donated over 5,000 lbs. of food, plus cash equivalents.
- The Women’s Center: We have sponsored The Women’s Center Leadership Conference since 2013 and driven new awareness and sponsorship to the Center’s mission.
- Salvation Army: Since 2014, Evans has supported their Angel Tree giving program; in 2016 our team sponsored 14 Angels in Fairfax County.
- Northern Virginia Family Services: Evans has partnered with NVFS since 2015 through sponsorships and annual donations of school supplies. In 2015 and 2016, Evans was a proud recipient of the NVFS Company as Responsible Employer (CARE) award.
- Coat drive: Since 2013, we have supported Cornerstones in their Winter Coat Drive.
- PMI Day of Service: Evans’ staff donates their time to serve as project management experts to local nonprofits, giving back to the local community.
- Lemon Road Elementary School Mentorship Program: Evans’ staff serve as mentors to elementary students in Fairfax County who exhibit a need for support of their social, emotional, and academic growth.
- Dress for Success: Since 2011, our staff have donated over 150 pieces of professional business clothing to support low-income women who are establishing themselves in the workforce.
Our investments of corporate and personal time and talent (i.e., volunteer hours) and treasures (i.e., donations) are spread over many areas.