At Evans, we recognize our responsibility as corporate leaders to give back to our local communities
We recognize that we have a responsibility to give back to the local communities we call home (Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.). We regularly contribute time and resources through corporate sponsored and individually motivated initiatives to local not for profit organizations and outreach programs. We apply our talents in leadership and Board roles with many partner organizations. The range of our community impact includes, but is not limited to:
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce: We have been corporate members of the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce and Evans is a Showcase Sponsor of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Council.
- Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC): Since 2010, we have donated over 5,000 lbs. of food, plus cash equivalents.
- The Women’s Center: We have sponsored The Women’s Center Leadership Conference since 2013 and driven new awareness and sponsorship to the Center’s mission.
- Shelter House: Evans Incorporated recognizes the key role that Shelter House serves in Fairfax County’s efforts to end homelessness. We are interested in contributing to these vital community efforts by supporting the types of services that Shelter House provides; from housing and meals, to transportation, to job counseling, and so much more. In 2018, Evans held a Diaper Drive – donating hundreds of diapers and over $1500 to Shelter House!
- Salvation Army: Since 2014, Evans has supported their Angel Tree giving program; in 2016 our team sponsored 14 Angels in Fairfax County.
- Northern Virginia Family Services: Evans has partnered with NVFS since 2015 through sponsorships and donations of school supplies. Evans is a proud four-time recipient of the NVFS Company as Responsible Employer (CARE) award. A member of our team also serves as a volunteer on the CARE Award Nomination Committee.
- Coat drive: Since 2013, we have supported Cornerstones in their Winter Coat Drive.
- PMI Day of Service: Evans’ staff donates their time to serve as project management experts to local nonprofits, giving back to the local community.
- Lemon Road Elementary School Mentorship Program: Evans’ staff serve as mentors to elementary students in Fairfax County who exhibit a need for support of their social, emotional, and academic growth.
- Dress for Success: Since 2011, our staff have donated over 150 pieces of professional business clothing to support low-income women who are establishing themselves in the workforce.
- March Charity Madness: Since 2012, the Evans Office holds an annual NCAA March ‘Charity’ Madness bracket challenge. The winner of the challenge donates a portion of the winnings to the charity of their choice. It’s a fun and competitive way to give back!
Our investments of corporate and personal time and talent (i.e., volunteer hours) and treasures (i.e., donations) are spread over many areas.